Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The hardest questions

I love that Celmi asks lot of questions these days... I love that she's thinker who processes her world in thoughtful ways, and wants to understand the how and why behind the what... But it's scary to think about those questions tht can come... I'm less worried about embarrassing questions or silly questions, and more concerned about values-based questions which, with the wrong answer, can confuse her..We want to answer her honestly as much as we can.. yes, we want Celmi to believe a lot of what we believe. But we also want her to believe it because she has thought it through and it makes sense to her.. Not just because we've told her it's so..
I suppose all I can do is what I'm doing now--let her know what we believe, answer her questions as honestly as I can, and let her know that she can always talk to me about any subject at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment