Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Atlantis Aquaventure





























we celebrated celmira's birthday in Aquaventure, Atlantis..Assad had taken leave from office...We arrived there on tuesday morning, which was a good timing since there weren't too many people so we didn't have to queue too long for the first few rides...The first ride was a lazy river, river with several tides here and there. We took water baloon to sit... The hole in the baloon was a bit too big for me so my back bumped onto the bottom of the slides all the time.Assad convinced me up to take the slide called leap of faith - 27.5-m straight line slide. I felt shiver just thinking about that, so I wasn't sure at first.. but when we came to the queuing line, there were bunch of kids, just half of my height and they seemed enjoying and having fun! One of them told me "after 10 times, you will feel nothing"..so I decide that I can't be humiliated by kids and I will take the slide! Actually it wasn't so bad as it went so fast, but the feeling when your turn came, you have to sit with the position told by the guard and wait for his green light to go... it was so scary, now I can feel the feeling of chicken in a slaughtering line:( You know what will happen there, but nothing you can do. I felt that I fell down freely, nothing under my feet, for a few seconds before the slides turn flatter and splashed water everywhere and I went through a slide underneath fish tank and came out in a pool.Then I continued to take another ride, it called Shark Attack.... went to a fast and curvy slides before I entered a tunnel inside the big tank, so we can flow slowly and watch fish swim around us...Around mid day - the people started coming and this place became very crowded.Most of the park's rides are located in the Ziggurat, a Mesopotamian-styled structure that towers 30 meters into the sky. It boasts seven slides, including the now renowned Leap of Faith, a 27.5 meter slide roughly 9 storeys high....it is the tallest, fastest freefall slide in the Middle East.We took Celmi to Splashers, a water playground featuring elaborate water games, slides and structures for toddlers...but she didnot enjoyit...she was enjoying the lazy river with us..Overall we had a good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment