Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dear Celmira....




This is my first attempt to recall all that I have learnt from you my little princess in the last 4 months. You brought so much joy to daddy and me on the day I knew I was carrying you.You made your debut via C-section at 10:04 on sunday, 23 march and weighed in at 3.42 kgs. you were born at just over 37 weeks so was full term, but was tiny! you were amazing!

When you were born, I did not even know to hold you. You taught me patience when I was struggling to feed you.You taught me to accept the good and the bad. When i am in desperate situations, you are the ray of hope. One look at your sweet face and any problem would go away. You taught me to smile with your sleepy smile - still cannot believe you are the little baby - who looked exactly look like your daddy -with a round face.....We left the hospital after 5 days in the early evening. You were dressed in your best going-home outfit! I was recovering nicely and your daddy was finally able to get better sleep and some good meals. He didn't have the luxury of a hospital bed and regular meals! He had the hard couch to sit and meals whenever he had a chance to break away and get to the malhar restaurant (except when he was too late and it was closed!). Even working on very little sleep and little food, he was amazing throughout the whole process (I guess he's used to the no sleep thing!). He's a natural dad - very attentive and caring. we continue to get settled and get used to our new life with you,your daddy was bonding as a family and cherishing the very short time before he had to go back to work. We were so happy to see you roll over on your stomach on that evening....Freak! you are growing up so fast!

You taught me not to be lazy on a weekend - you wake up early and my repeated requests to you to sleep a little longer only end up in me getting out of bed and playing with you.You've taught me the importance of time and to work in little batches and still play and continue my conversation with you. To be honest, I'm still working on this. I can multitask, but not with you. Sometimes I tell myself, I am lucky to have you bring this other side of me. These days I am a little more relaxed about everything I do.....and now you have imaginary conversations and talk a lot, most of which we are yet to understand.But I guess I'll do a separate posts as you grow....

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Lovely, i like the motherhood and the way you shared how you cherished each and every moment of motherhood...........

    ReplyDelete